How to buy
Let us help you pick the perfect
rug for your space.
What to consider when buying a rug
There are many issues to consider when buying a rug, from the choice of colour, the feel and touch and design plus the durability. We hope this comprehensive guide to buying a rug, and our handy symbols displayed throughout our rug collections will all help in making the right choice.
Our Flair range is sourced from all over the world and is designed to bring you the very latest designs in a variety of skilled techniques and rich fibres in a wonderful array of colours. Our guide is aimed to help you pick the right rug for your home.
Flair Buying Guide Symbols
Look out for these symbols when visiting the ‘Details’ tab of our rug collection pages.
What are our rugs made from?
Why choose Wool …
- Wool is the strongest, most vibrant fibre, and most resilient when walked on.
- Wool adds extra warmth and is a natural product.
- It has a tight woven pile, and most of our wool rugs are either hand woven or hand tufted.
- Wool is soft underfoot and suitable for any living area.
- All wool rugs will shed initially this is because they are from a natural fibre source.
- Wool also has a natural moisture repellency.
- Our wool ranges include Sherwood, Botanical, Illusion plus many more.
Why choose Jute & Natural Fibre …
- Jute and natural fibre is made from plants and grasses, such as seagrass and jute.
- These types of rugs are hard under foot but strong and durable.
- Great for providing organic look and feel to a room.
- They are always the most popular choice for kitchens and hallways.
- The can be brushed or vacuumed.
- Our natural fibre ranges include Natural Living & Retreat
Why choose Polyester & Acrylic …
- Polyester and acrylic comes in a variety of long and short pile heights, with some designs handcarved to create a 3D effect.
- Polyester and acrylic yarns create a soft and warm handle rug.
- The rich and vibrant shades available lend themselves to intricate designs that make a statement piece to any living space.
- Durable, and well-suited for use in high traffic areas around the home.
- Our polyester range include Infinite, Pearl, Verge and Grande Vista.
Why choose Polypropylene …
- Polypropylene is a man-made synthetic fibre that is hardwearing, practical & durable with modern techniques making it incredibly soft and warm to handle.
- Polypropylene rugs are machine loomed with great skill from the machine handlers, and the fibres are renowned for minimal shedding and ideal for high traffic areas.
- Rugs come as both dense pile or in a range of soft shaggy pile.
- Incredible colour combinations and intricate designs can be achieved.
- The edges are bound with thread known as ‘whipping’ creating a neat finish on all designs.
- Durability makes them ideal for any location.
Why choose Nylon …
- Nylon rugs are washable and often with a latex non slip backing nylon rugs really are the kings of durability.
- Easy-care wipe or wash clean.
- Nylon rugs are brightly printed and very durable in fashionable lightweight material and no shedding.
- Ideal for kitchens conservatories, playrooms and any heavy traffic area around the home.
A rug for a living room, for example, will differ from one for a kitchen. Both need to be hard wearing, but in different materials to suit the living style.Our shaggy range offers deep pile rugs that add softness to a room and dampens sound.
Our plain range contains beautiful wool rugs for warmth and style. Kitchens favour a flat woven rug for simplicity in being easy to clean. This is the reason flat-woven also work for home offices wheeled chairs can easily move over their smooth surfaces. Flatweave designs give strength and durability and can be wiped clean easily.
The design of the rug you choose is of course entirely up to you. We offer everything from plains to Handcarved florals, shaggy warmth to hardwearing polypropylene and durable flatweave designs.
It is worth considering other pattern and colour within the room’s decor before you make your selection. If your pictures or textiles are busy, a neutrally- patterned or block coloured rug will sit better among them. For rooms that are minimalistic in look, or plainer and more pared back in their design details, texture, pattern and a mixed palette can add interest.
Find your favourite rug
Let us help you get the right sized
rug for your space.
We’re passionate about rugs, not content to follow trends, we help shape them.
We use our experience to blend materials and design in a way that delivers exciting and inspiring rugs. We love what we do, we think you might too.
Give your floors Flair.