Let us help you care
for your rug.
What can you do to maintain your rug?
Through proper care and maintenance, your rug will look better and last even longer. Here are a few tips on caring for your rug:
Getting your rug to lay flat
On opening, roll your rug out and leave in a warm room for 24 hours before putting in place. This will help to reduce wrinkles and curling from packing.
- Clean spills immediately by blotting with a clean dry white cloth – do not rub
- Before using any cleaning products on your rug, test an inconspicuous area first for colour fastness
- Do not pull any loose threads – please cut loose threads carefully with scissors to remove
- Regularly brush or vacuum your rug to keep your rug clean, help maintain the fibres and prevent it from flattening. For wool rugs and shaggy rugs, we recommend carefully vacuuming the rug using a nozzle attachment.
- Use a slip-resist pad to help keep your rug in place and provide additional protection for hard floors.
- Turn your rug regularly to ensure even wear.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight as this may cause fading of some dyes.
How to clean different types of rugs?
Some loss or ‘balling’ of surface fibres is normal on new wool rugs and is not a defect. This should reduce with normal use and regular cleaning with a hand brush or nozzle attachment on your vacuum.
To clean shake upside down or use a nozzle attachment on your vacuum to loosen any loose fibres or dirt.
Synthetic Rugs (Polyester, Nylon, Polypropylene, Acrylic)
Latex is used in the making of these rug. May be carefully vacuumed using a floor or brush attachment.
Nylon rugs are washable at 30°c Gentle Cycle, Do not Bleach, Do not Tumble Dry, Do not Iron, Do not dry clean. ALWAYS seek professional cleaning advice for stains.
Jute/Natural Fibre Rugs
A small amount of fibre loss is normal on a new rug. May be carefully vacuumed using a floor or brush attachment. Colours may vary due to natural fibres.
To clean your anti-slip you can wash it at 30°c. Do not tumble dry, dry it flat and away from heat. Made from 100% polyester.
Find your favourite rug
We’re passionate about rugs, not content to follow trends, we help shape them.
We use our experience to blend materials and design in a way that delivers exciting and inspiring rugs. We love what we do, we think you might too.
Give your floors Flair.