Flair has over 30 years’ experience as market leader with a real drive to make the brilliant better ensuring we remain the number one rug supplier in the UK. At Flair we believe that looking after your team, your customers, your suppliers and the environment isn’t just the right way to work; it’s the only way to work.
Due to continued growth and success an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Buyer has arisen within our award winning business, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant Buyer to further their career in a fast moving, growing business.
By being part of the Buying team the your key focus will always be going the extra mile in all aspects of this role, which means you will take responsibility for supporting the Buying team in their efforts to keep ahead of the market on key trends and build a superb range each season.
Key aspects of the role are:
- Market knowledge: analyse consumer buying patterns, competitor activities and work with the Buyer to predict future trends.
- Range Building: plan, select and build a commercial range with the Buyer.
- Numbers: analyse, forecast and plan with the Buyer to ensure the most profitable range is implemented.
- Vendor Relationships: liaising with suppliers (Europe, China, India) on a regular basis via Microsoft Teams.
- Negotiation: liaising with vendors to agree the most commercial cost price, and where necessary engineering product into a price point.
- Management: Effectively manage own workload and motivate your fellow Buying team on a day to day basis ensuring they are empowered and working effectively within their roles.
- Design: have a clear idea of the key trends coming through and be able to translate them into product.
- Oversee a critical path to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Experience of working with and liaising with factories (Far East, India, Europe)
- Product development ensuring they are all “retail ready”
- Range building and category management.
- Critical path management (managing multiple projects at any one time.)
- Exceptional Team management / leadership skills and excellent organisational skills.
- Analytical and costing skills, especially of sales and margin.
- Continual trend analysis translated into our products.
- Work exceptionally well under pressure and be resilient to the expectations of a fast moving department.
- To have strong communication skills.
- Excellent judgement, decision making and negotiation skills
- Happy to help attitude.
Benefits of working with us:
At Flair, we believe that a vibrant work environment goes beyond just the job itself. That’s why we offer a range of benefits that will make your experience with us even more rewarding.
- Hybrid working
- Office currently undergoing refurbishment
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Colleague discount
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, and able to work efficiently alone as well as part of a team. You must be able to work under pressure, managing a varied workload to ensure tight deadlines are achieved. With a desire to progress, you will be a quick learner with a happy to help attitude.
Computer literacy is essential, with knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Microsoft Teams. Experience at Assistant Buyer level and is essential. You must be methodical and accurate in your approach to tasks. But most importantly, you will have excellent organisation and communication skills and the ability to provide complete support to the Buyer.
Location: Etherow Works, Glossop and Home Office
Industry: Business to Business
Hours of work: 37.5 hours
Interview process: There will be an initial screening interview via teams with the People Team. If you are successful at this stage, it will be followed by a first stage competency-based interview with the hiring manager. If this goes well, a second stage interview will follow.
Join our team at Flair Rugs and be part of an innovative and fast-paced environment where your expertise as a Product Technologist will help shape exceptional rugs that delight customers worldwide. Apply today and embark on an exciting career journey with us!