In-House Recruitment / HR Assistant
Are you currently a Recruitment Consultant looking to move in-house, or a HR Generalist looking to specialise in recruitment? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for an In-House Recruiter to join us, and this position offers variety, development and the chance to be part of a fun and highly experienced team. We are currently experiencing a very exciting period of growth which in turn means great opportunities for the right person. We are passionate about our colleagues and providing a best-in-class candidate experience, meaning this is a vital role for the business.
Established in 1984, and now the largest in our sector, we are a diverse, dynamic, and fast paced business with real ambition. Our carefully crafted rugs are the centrepieces that bring rooms, and people, together. And that togetherness is the very essence of who we are.
- Work closely with hiring managers to identify their recruitment needs and ensure a smooth recruitment process is in place for each role.
- Provide in-house temp recruitment service
- Conduct initial screenings of candidates to assess their suitability for the role and company culture.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews with candidates, hiring managers, and any other relevant parties.
- Assist with the preparation of job descriptions, job adverts, and other recruitment-related materials.
- Proactively source potential candidates using various methods including job boards, social media, and colleague referrals.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all recruitment activity.
- Day 1 induction and oversight of the onboarding process
- Provide general administrative support to the HR team as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- IT literate
- Preparing job specifications and clearly defined profiles
- Influencing and challenging stakeholders/hiring managers
- Negotiating agency terms and conditions (fees, backfills etc)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Drive and passion for recruitment and candidate experience
All about you
You must have a real passion and drive for providing an excellent candidate experience, and the confidence to work closely with hiring managers at all levels of the business, including the Senior Leadership Team. Ideally you will have previous experience in a recruitment or HR support role.
What’s more you’ll be confident with the ability to work with speed, efficiency, flexibility and general professionalism. You’ll be computer literate and work well under pressure.
Good communication skills are essential. Successful candidates must have a happy to help attitude and willingness to succeed with the opportunity to progress within the company.
- Hybrid working
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Colleague discount
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
Location: Etherow Works, Glossop (Easily commutable from Manchester with local train station and bus service)
Salary: £25,000 – £27,000 dependent on experience
Hours of work: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Interview process: There will be an initial screening interview via teams with the hiring manager, if you are successful at this stage it will be followed by a first stage face to face competency-based interview. If this goes well, a second stage face to face interview will follow with a member of the senior management team.