Established in 1984, and now the largest in our sector, we are a diverse, dynamic, and fast paced business with real ambition. We are currently experiencing a very exciting period of growth which in turn means great developmental opportunities for the right person. Our carefully crafted rugs are the centrepieces that bring rooms, and people, together. And that togetherness is the very essence of who we are.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Merchandiser to join our team to contribute to all aspects of merchandising, paying particular attention to the analysing of data, stock control, supplier management, ordering and replenishment. Being commercially astute, with an understanding of the merchandising process to be able to implement improvements to increase profitability.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, tenacious, and talented supply chain professional who can display excellent organisational and analytical skills with a keen eye for detail. With the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure dealing with high-volumes. The need to have good communication skills is paramount to work with our major customers and international suppliers.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Commercial awareness and understanding of organisational challenges to solves complex problems
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills – ability to interpret data to provide clear and concise actionable insights
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and in an efficient, agile way
- Excellent interpersonal and engagement skills with the ability to collaborate with departments across the business
- Ability to build relationships with customers and vendors alike
- Assisting with the major aspects of the supply chain critical path including merchandise, stock control, QC and the India office.
- Manage purchase and stock levels, in line with stock targets, and budget requirement, be able to ensure stock budgets are controlled and sustainable particularly during periods of high sales growth.
- Take a proactive role in the recommendation and decision-making regarding product launch and life cycle stages.
- Planning discount & markdown activity to ensure optimum sell through.
- Working with buying team to support and facilitate new product development whilst maintaining range planning techniques (to control width, depth, structure of range)
- Availability analysis & forecasting: track forecasts for new lines, whilst monitoring stock levels and ensuring availability
- Produce and analyse reports: to maintain stock levels according to Flair objectives.
- Supplier management: working with the Merchandise Manager and buying team to ensure our suppliers are consistently meeting our expectations and growing with us.
- Working cross departmental particularly with the buying & operations, finance, and sales, advising details of future plans and requirements.
All about you?:
- An expert relationship builder – able to establish and maintain a strong partnership with our key customer account and vendors
- A good understanding of the omni-channel customer journey
- Proactive in bringing new ideas and solutions to the table
- Analytical – ability to produce and interpret merchandising data
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Comfortable receiving constructive feedback
- Influencing key stakeholders externally and internally at all levels to drive the business forward
- Hybrid working (Minimum 3 days in the office per week)
- Flexible working
- Free on-site parking
- Birthday day off
Location: Etherow Works, Glossop
Industry: Business to Business
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 DOE
Hours of work: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Interview process: There will be an initial screening interview via teams with the People Team. If you are successful at this stage, it will be followed by a first stage competency-based interview with the hiring manager. If this goes well, a second stage interview will follow.
Join our team at Flair Rugs and be part of an innovative and fast-paced environment where your expertise as a Product Technologist will help shape exceptional rugs that delight customers worldwide. Apply today and embark on an exciting career journey with us!