As Flair’s business expands to new horizons in 2024, we are delighted to present an opportunity for a Management Accountant—a crucial role within our committed finance team. Under the leadership of our Financial Controller, this position will play a pivotal role in executing all aspects of accounting principles as well as aiding the modernisation of systems and processes.
You will analyse data, handle monthly management accounts, and take ownership of budgets and account set-up. With the confirmation of new systems being put in place, you will have the autonomy to bring new ideas, ways of working and challenge existing practices in a collaborative environment.
Who Are We?
Established in 1984, and now the largest in our sector, we are a diverse, dynamic, and fast paced business with real ambition. We are currently experiencing a very exciting period of growth which in turn means great developmental opportunities for the right person. Our carefully crafted rugs are the centrepieces that bring rooms, and people, together. And that togetherness is the very essence of who we are.
Come and Join Us
The Management Accountant opportunity is designed for professionals showcasing a notable talent in detailed analytical assessment, along with a disciplined and methodical organisational approach. Furthermore, you will embark on a career development pathway with Flair to broaden your skillset and foster opportunities with progression and advancement.
- Accounting experience within a fast-paced wholesale/manufacturing/retail business is advantageous.
- Aptitude for finance systems and high level of computer literacy.
- High level of self-governance and direction.
- Analytical and results driven.
- Part/Fully Qualified ACCA/CIMA.
- Strong organisational skills.
- The ability to manage deadlines and work under pressure.
- Working with other departments and influencing decisions.
- Excellent Excel and computerised system skills, with the ability to organise data effectively using complex formulas.
- Able to plan and prioritise workload effectively whilst maintaining a high standard of work.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Production of monthly management accounts.
- Formulation and ownership of detailed annual budgets.
- Production and monitoring of cashflow.
- Variance analysis and commentary.
- Supporting & representing the finance team.
- Liaising with auditors and tax advisors for annual audit and tax returns.
- Project work.
- Hybrid working
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Free on-site parking
- Life insurance
- Referral programme
- Health Cash Plan with access to online GP service
- Leadership training and coaching
- Colleague Discount
At Flair, we’re an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and treat everyone fairly, regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, race, religion, or other characteristics. Our recruitment and employment decisions are based solely on merit and business needs.
If your CV meets our requirements, the first stage will be a Teams Video Call with one of our People Team, focusing on values and skills. Should you be successful at this stage, an in-depth interview awaits with our Financial Controller to explore the role’s specifics. For candidates who reach the final stage, a face-to-face meeting with both the Financial Controller and Finance & Ops Director allows you to showcase alignment, skills, and fit within our innovative and supportive environment.
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 DOE (+Study Support)
Hours of Work: Full Time, 37.50 hours per week
Hybrid working: While you’re finding your feet at Flair, you will spend most of your days in the office where we work the core hours of 09:30 – 15:30 Monday – Friday with flexible start/finish times and consequently at least 3 Days in the office.